cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've moved from plusnet and things are tip top ! Read this !

N/A

Others, you might like to read below, if like me, are considering leaving plusnet. I now have a fantastic speed, reliable customer service, and everything I needed from broadband. Further more, they are consistant to date with the truth.

Cheers lads.

We are sorry that you want to leave. Please note:

You should tell your new ISP what this is, so that they can migrate your service. The Mac Key should be used within 30 days. If it isn't we will continue to bill you for your service and you'll need to re-apply for a new MAC Key.

- Your account is scheduled to cancel on:

We take your feedback very seriously, and would be grateful if you could help us to improve our

service by completing an online survey at:

Completing this survey will provide you with an opportunity to feedback on your experience with us. It will also be used to help us improve our service in the future.

Regards,
link:csa removed

can you tell me why my speed was meant to be upgraded to 1.3 meg, and only ever gave me that speed for about 2 weeks. it is now slower than it has ever been. is it something to do with my exchange ? why does p2p or icq software keep telling me my ports are blocked.
link:csa removed Training/Comms 6:25pm, Saturday 6th January 2007

The speed on your line is low, because the distance that your phone line takes to the exchange is extremely high, and you're borderline on actually getting a service at all.

Sadly broadband is extremely dependant on the distance you are away from the exchange.

Regards,

Your comment 7:59am, Sunday 7th January 2007

i really wish you would answer my questions. i have had 512 service with for more than 2 years, which ran without any hitches, so am suprised by me being so lucky to have a service at all ? you upgraded me to 1.3 meg which worked fine like i said for about 2 weeks, am i still lucky ? now the service is no way near as good as it used to be 2 years ago, (now i presume i am lucky!). why is this, what changed, my house hasnt moved further away from the exchange ! my other question was, why is p2p software being blocked, again, this used to work just fine, i cant even use icq anymore. what is going on.
Your comment 2:32pm, Sunday 7th January 2007

i really wish you would answer my questions. i have had 512 service with for more than 2 years, which ran without any hitches, so am suprised by me being so lucky to have a service at all ? you upgraded me to 1.3 meg which worked fine like i said for about 2 weeks, am i still lucky ? now the service is no way near as good as it used to be 2 years ago, (now i presume i am lucky!). why is this, what changed, my house hasnt moved further away from the exchange ! my other question was, why is p2p software being blocked, again, this used to work just fine, i cant even use icq anymore. what is going on.
Your comment 4:40pm, Monday 8th January 2007

i really would like an answer to my questions. what is happening.
link:csa removed CSC Analyst 4:01pm, Tuesday 9th January 2007

The quality of the BT line can deteriorate over time, this will affect the speed you can receive.
The product you have with us is Broadband plus and is not designed for customers using peer to peer transferring. To get the best out of peer to peer tranferring you would need a Premier account.

Please advise how you wish to proceed.

Kind Regards,

i was promised an upgrade, which you did for 2 weeks only. now i cannot even reach 512 which I used to enjoy all of the time before my 'upgrade'. how can you possibly have any knowledge of any inch of the line between my home and the exchange from a small office in sheffield. peer to peer and icq has worked fine with my broadband plus account for 2 years. it is not ok, to suddenly change peoples products, then ask them to pay more for the facilities that used to come as standard. i am becoming ever more upset with your excuses.
link:csa removed CSC Analyst 12:54pm, Thursday 11th January 2007

I have checked through your line speed history today.

Your line was regrade to a 2MB connection as per your request. However shortly after this was done, your line profile was reduced fromm a 2 MB to an a half MB speed at BT's end. I have checked on there speed checker, and this is the maximum that BT feel your line will support.

All of our information about your line comes from the owners of that line - BT. They provide us with a profile which although isn't all inclusive, gives us an idea of the quality of your line.

As to the p2p usage on Broad Band Plus, this product was never designed for such usage. The product has not changed - if any change had taken place, you would have been noticfied in accordance with our terms and conditions.

I hope this clarifies these matters for you,

Thankyou link:csa removed .

I have also checked with people living nearby, and their line speed has also been reduced, yup that one is with BT, fair enough.

With regards to product change. I have successfully used ICQ, filesharing programs for many years without any hitches, so it suprises me that you now say my original product was not designed for such use. I think that plusnet spotted an opportunity to charge extra for something that was originally standard. I used to work next door to your sister company and I know how they operate. I had every faith and did not wish to move because of your high standards, excellent customer service and good price. I gave you every opportunity (as like many others that I see from the forums) of sticking with you whilst you battled the maxdsl problems. You have not delivered. I am now with another provider. My speed has increased, the software I use frequently works great, and even the customer service has faster response times.

I have worded this essay also for the attention of your deparment head, who I hope may be interested in my comments.

I will also forward it to the forum, so that other users who experience similar problems will not be fobbed off with lame excuses.

Thanks for a great 2 years, the rest was absoulute theft.

Regards

Red Cab

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed CS Agents names, posting these is not allowed. : Please read the link:rules
2 REPLIES
N/A

The product you have with us is Broadband plus and is not designed for customers using peer to peer transferring. To get the best out of peer to peer tranferring you would need a Premier account.

For a start this is an outright lie: to get the best out of P2P you need to be on PAYG not Premier.
N/A

Moved to a more appropriate board for this type of discussion.