cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm free!

N/A

I'm free!

Cheesy I have today finally got rid of my Plus.net Home 2MB Premier account and migrated to AOL (yeh i know, maybe not the best ISP).

Fed up with the constant changing of hours, limits and the dreadful P2P speeds (rarely above 15kb/s) I heard about an offer with AOL where if you have your own compatible router, you can join on the 2MB package for £24.99 per month with no 12 month contract and no set-up fees.

I gave AOL the nod last Tuesday and hey presto it was live this morning. I have to say I am so pleased to see decent P2P speeds again. This evening I was downloading at 136kb/s from Limewire and I did a general speed test this afternoon which was around 1870kb/s. The general speed test is slightly down from what I got with Plusnet (usually around 1920kb/s) but with such a massive gain on my P2P speeds this is excellent for the price.

So for anyone who like me is fed up of being told how to use your internet connection, then I would say make the move...it only gets better :lol:
10 REPLIES
N/A

I'm free!

Why AOL?
N/A

I'm free!

No restrictions (that I can see), price and flexibility of a 30 day contract that does not require a fee to leave.

I have had good feedback from friends using it. You no longer have to use the "AOHell" software as your router logs you in.

If it all goes Pete Tong then at least I can move to another provider without any penalty and at this moment I'm very happy with my new speeds Cheesy

Customer service with AOL is non-existent but I don't intend calling them now everything is up and running.
N/A

I'm free!

Isn't traffic routed through America though? So gaming pings would be dreadful...
N/A

I'm free!

This thread isnt asking or offering support to other users as such.

I therefore think it would be better suited to "Everything Internet".

Regards,
N/A

I'm free!

Cheesy I don't play games online shah57 so I don't know about that. I only browse and do small P2P downloads which all seem to work very well.

My best mate who told me about the AOL offer plays a lot of online games so I guess it's working well for him.
N/A

I'm free!

I therefore think it would be better suited to "Everything Internet".

Quite right, Tom! Community Support is only for Plusnet and Zen. Wink
passer
Grafter

I'm free!

15-All :lol:
N/A

post subject

hi there i have three friends on aohell at this moment. and two of them are
having a lot of trouble leaving .both have been with this isp for sometime now
and are very fed up of the intrusive attitude of said aol so be careful
N/A

Re: post subject

hi there i have three friends on aohell at this moment. and two of them are
having a lot of trouble leaving .both have been with this isp for sometime now
and are very fed up of the intrusive attitude of said aol so be careful

What do you mean by intrusvive attitiude?
N/A

I'm free!

I was with AOL for a while and found it difficult to leave...there was always some software from AOL that would remain on my PC, which I found a bit worrying..
Fair play, if you think AOL is any, but their contention ratio is only 50:1..
i'm on the 2mb premier and have got speeds of up to 150kb on P2P downloads, once i'd set up port forwardings correctly