cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got my US Robotics 9600 USB Phone To Work!!

N/A

PC World are currently selling these excellent phones for £19.99
Unfortunately, they are as usual, packaged as Skype only...
The US Robotics website offered no other support or drivers - just the Skype ones..

Anyway...

By doing a lot of research around the net, I have made a nice discovery that I want to share with other US Robotics 9600 owners out there!!

Are you ready? . . .

The US Robotics USB Phone Model 9600 is "100% compatible with the" Yealink USB-P1K Phone.

US Robotics do not support X-Lite, just Skype.

Yealkink do!

In short - do not install the US Robotics driver. Uninstall it!

Instead install X-Lite first then install the special X-TenMate driver for the USB-P1K phone!

Note: If you have just switched drivers, I suggest a full system reboot then make sure
control panel sound settings are correct and then start up the phone and check the USB
settings are correct!

The phone works 100% after these changes with X-LIte!

For the best quality make sure all codecs are greyed out apart from G7111a.

Enjoy X-Lite!!!

You can download X-Tenmate from here:

http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp
8 REPLIES
N/A

Thanks

Thanks for the info' I have just set up a Tesco's phone using the same software, it took a couple of minutes and the phone cost £17.94 with postage.
Only £14.97 if you have a Tesco's nearby that sells them Smiley

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306031

Says that they are the USR 9600 rebadged
N/A

I just purchased 2 USRobotics phone, £29.99 for 2, and then realised Skype. Was just going to take them back when I saw this post. Maybe all is saved.
N/A

When useing the USRobotics phone with the above driver, do I still use the onscreen dialer X-Lite or do I use the handset buttons. Sorry for such a dumb question but VOIP is completely new to me.
Thanks
kreynolds
Grafter

The handset keypad will work once XTen is installed
N/A

Thanks for that, obviously done something wrong so I will look at it again. Phone works, although I now have to sort all sound comes through the phone. Also at present I dial from X-lite not the phone.
N/A

I found this after I used the audio tuning wizard or whatever its called.

To solve it, I went back to the audio properties in the windows control panel and reset my audio card as the default again. I then simply changed the speaker and microphone device in Xlite to USB phone in the system settings manually and everything works as it should.

Si
N/A

Hi, am a total newbie to this VoIP malarky and as I'm having trouble with my Zyxel P 2000W (see other thread) was wondering about using one of the cheap Tesco phones in the meantime. From reading the post above am a little confused about what to install. Having installed X-Lite, do I then just need the USB-P1K for X-TenMate driver for the phone or do I also need to install X-TenMate for windows from the same download page?

What does X-TenMate for windows actually do?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but am trying to get my head around all this.
N/A

I was also puzzled about that. I first installed USB-P1K for X-TenMate driver but that did ont seem to work so i installed X-TenMate for windows and all seems working. I have to admit, I didnt even look at how or why.