cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am going kookoookoookoo!

N/A

Is any one else getting lots of spam to a hotmail account. I am. I AM GOING CRAZY!!! It usually has some subject variation of "YourFYIdaily" which can vary with dots and symbols in e.g "You*rFY^Idaily" It always comes from wieard domain names and a dubdomain e.g "UyhTe@gyi.soutsop.com" So I cant block it. Its not daily ITS EVERY SECOND!!! I use this hotmail account for every thing so I dont wont to close it. Its filling up my inbox and stopping other emails from reaching me. really annoyed now. Any one got any advice?

Thanks,
Chris!!!
5 REPLIES
N/A

Spam to a Hotmail account, that's novel !!

Seriously, your stuck with it. Best is to create another account and stop using that one.
N/A

Well that beats eggs. Ive had that account for about 4/5 years now. Every thing goes to it!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Go to the hotmail site, there in options enable the junk email trap. There set it to Enhanced, so when you get any email its mostly sent to your Bulk folder. Then when checking your email look in it and if theres something that shouldn't be in it, again visit the site and view the junk folder mark each email that shouldn't be there and use the Not junk Icon
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

The problem is, the longer you have an email address and the more you use it in online registrations or advertise it on a website, forum or the likes, the more chance you will get spam sent to it eventually or it is hijacked (particularly Hotmail accounts)

The trick is to use one or more (Hotmail) addresses for online work and another, possibly your PlusNet address for purely family, friends and trusted people.
It is easy for a spammer to get hold of a Hotmail address, hence most spam come/goes in that direction. Your PlusNet address is a little more secure.

You can try Mailwasher Pro, in which you can set up rules for spam before downloading the mail . I think only the Pro version supports Hotmail, and you have to pay for it.
N/A

To adp450,
thats wat I do, but it fills up so much and still uses up my space, thus dont get all of my messages. And if I go on holiday the messages I do want wont get to me and if I set it to delete junk as soon as it gets to my inbox then it could delete that to (as I have experienced before).

To, cqg4uzg,
I do use my plusnet email for many other things to, but i have had my hotmail accout for many years before I had plusnet and many important emails go to it so I cant stop using it. There are so many importatant ones I cant go through them all and change my email address on their side. Even if I did then there would probably be some I missed, like "Your "Something" Account needs to be reactivated, please read these instructions...." Finally, if I closed my hotmail account and someone reopened it then they would probably get all my emails. Hmm tricky situation I got my self in....