cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How've people found Skype performance since traffic shaping?

N/A

For the people out there who use Skype, how have you found the performance of it since the traffic shaping has gone in by Plus.net? Part of the traffic shaping is used to ensure reasonable use of the network especially in regards to P2P. Skype uses P2P! I've not been using Skype for a few months so before I start using it again I'm just curious how others have been finding it?

Scott
6 REPLIES
CJC1942
Grafter

I've not noticed any difference at all, just as good as ever.

CJC
N/A

Likewise. i have noticed no degradation in performance with Skype.

I use it in work to communicate with certain clients and have had no issues.
N/A

Absolutely no problems - just used it this morning to talk to my folks in Spain and no difference for weeks.
N/A

Good responses on Skype - thanks very much!

Good, that's really good to hear. There is a lot of negative 'energy' on the forums and it does start to colour your expectations. Glad to hear that everyone else is happy with it.

Many thanks.

Scott
N/A

skype problems

I have started having real problems with skype since I was reconnected. I am paying for a premier account.

I was trying to talk to a friend who is also a plus.net premier subscriber. We both had the latest versions of skype but it kept disconnecting every 5 mins. No one else was using the connection.

I have just tried to call my mother's home phone and that too was diconnected half way through.

Skype performance is gradually getting worse and worse.

Will
CJC1942
Grafter

Skype problems

Will

Have a look at the Skype support forum, there seems to be some issues with latest version of Skype.
I'm still on the previous version and not having any problems.

CJC