cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to 'Pull' email from other pop3 accounts

N/A

I have an email account with an ISP in South Africa and I don't want to end it as I may return. I currently have Outlook Express setup to download the emails from the mail accounts.
The problem is that it takes ages for OE to login and download emails because the connection to SA is so slow.
What I would like to do is set up my PlusNet mailbox to regularly fetch the emails from these mailboxes so they are downloaded with my PlusNet account.

Is this possible or feasable?
Apparently Wanadoo webmail has this functionality (fetches it and deletes it from the server) but I havent tried.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

surely you can access your SA account & select ' mail forwarding ' & type in your +net details,
I have mail forwarded this way from previous ISP's
N/A

Unfortunately they don't provide mail forwarding.
Walrus
Grafter

If you have CGI support on your PlusNet account it would be possible to setup an automated script to collect and deliver POP3 email from one account to another.

However this is not for the faint hearted.

One question I would ask is whether you are collecting mail from SA using your PlusNet connection or the SA ISP connection?
N/A

IE also can do it, I have old ISP addresses which are checked and emptied by IE. Go to tools, accounts and make a new account using your SA details for pop3, smpt or what ever they use and your password for their site and if you are lucky all your mail will appear in IE. It works for most UK sites except MSN.
craigbrass
Grafter

Or you can go to http://www.fusemail.com and signup for an account. It pulls mail from pop3, hotmail, aol, yahoo and others into one fusemail mail account which can be accessed via pop3 (as in you can use it in OE). I use fusemail, tis great!
N/A

Thanks for the help.
I will try Fusemail. Otherwise I'll have to get my CGI skilly up to scratch.