cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

N/A

How long does it take?

Hi,

I have developed a website and submitted the site to various search engines using the PlusNet tool plus I registered via the Open Directory project almost 2 months ago. However, I still can't seem to find my website using any of the search engines like Google. Cry

Does anyone know how long this takes?

Cheers,

Raz
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

How long does it take?

It can take ages before you start seeing your site with any of the engines.
Do you have any links to it from any other sites that are already listed on the engines?. this is the best way to get yours listed. Also have links back to other sites that are known by the search engines.
N/A

How long does it take?

Cheers for the input John.

Is there anyway I can fast-track this? The website is for my business that I'm setting up and I could be losing protential customers.
N/A

How long does it take?

As they say "You get what you pay for".

Free methods of listing are all well and good. You can even do things to rank betters.

However, places where you page is listed and even if it gets listed at all, is down to the nitty gritty how much you pay.

Google provide an excelent dynamic fee based listing structure and you would be wise to look.
N/A

How long does it take?

Sounds good, I don't mind paying a little bit. Where can I find this fee based submission for Google as I have only come across the free submission page for Google. :roll:

Cheers,

Raz
N/A

How long does it take?

Google offer two fee based services. AdSense and sponsored links.

These are the top two items on this page.

Examples of the two can be seen in the search results of THIS page.

Sponsored links are at the top of the page, in coloured boxes and marked "Sponsored link" (your joking)

AdSense are diaplayed along the right hand side, in the flow of the results, each to its own box.

Sign up with AdSense. You don't need to place an advert, however, you can go through the steps of creating one, previewing it, setting up the keywords and payment limits.

You will get a good idea of the cost involved.

Sponderoed links are for bigger companies. See the info on the google site and you will find it is likely not for you.
N/A

How long does it take?

There is one way to speed up the process.... kind of a cheat..

It does however require that you have a previous site already listed on google. If youve got one of these, add a few meta tags and links on the existing site pointing to your new site... In particular mention its domain name etc..

Since the google bot re-visits sites alot more frequently than it adds new ones, when it comes back for a visit to your current site it will follow the link to your new site and list it.