cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get each domain to redirect to it's own homepage?

N/A

If all domains hosted via your webspace on plusnet share the same space? How do you get each domain to redirect to it's own homepage? Instead of sharing each others..

Jon

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Post moved to more relevant board. Furthermore, the title has been edited to something that reflects the post's content more accurately.]
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I take it that you are refering to domains hosted on the htdocs or main server

If you create a directory in htdocs for each of the domains and put all the files for that domain in its own folder then you can have the domain pointing to correct one for each.

For examle I have www.hmrg.co.uk hosted on the main server and all its files are in a folder called hmrg
Also on the same server is my personal site www.johnessex.plus.com
where the index file is located in the root of the htdocs folder.

If you call either of these you get to the correct site but they are both in the htdocs space.
N/A

John.... is the 'subtlety' here that the folder name you create MUST be the same name as your domain name? 'hmrg' in your case?
Community Veteran

No you can name it what you like. Smiley I just used that as it seemed logical.
You just go to the Domain Names option on the left under My Account and tell it what folder to point to in the setup options.
N/A

A yes... I see now... Clear as mud! :lol:
N/A

Yeah, got it now..

From the +Net homepage..

My Account > Domain Names - Configure (Next to Domain) > Domain Hosting Settings - Default Directory /htdocs/(whatever directory you want to store your files in.). Done. :roll: