cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do enable Frontpage to load direct to the Web

N/A

Hi all,

I have recieved an email telling me that my Frontpage service has been activated, now what?

I'm bright enough to build a web site using Frontpage and upload by Cute FTP, but stuck with enabling Frontpage uploading direct Shockedops:

I'm mean what do I have to do configeration wise to enable me to connect upload a page direct from my Frontpage program. I take it when I have configered it right, every time I press save on Frontpage, that web page is updated on my website?

Explain to me as if I'm an idiot, then it is most unlikley that I will have to pester you again :lol: Step by step instructions like this should be on the Plusnet site if you ask me.

Suggy
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It probably would be handy to have in the support section, but if I remember correctly you need to publish your website in Frontpage (after it's saved etc), this will then upload it to your webspace.
It will ask for some settings, the likely ones are username and password (your default ones for accessing the portal) remember these are case sensative.

The URL to upload to http://fp.username.plus.com (you must include the http:// and you need to change the username bit for your own.

It might also ask for the port number, this is 80

Chris
N/A

Thanks fa55dsl,

but when I press the save button on the web page I'm working on I get asked for no settings, nothing happens nor does it upload my alterations to the page?

Like I say , is there something I should configure beforehand? I obviously need the fp link Plus gave me but what do I do with it in relation to Frontpage ?
N/A

Well I also posted this request on http://www.pc-pals.com/ and a good friend of mine Sandra suggested look in the help files as She was not familiar with Frontpage.

Arn't girls great Cheesy help files...who'd of thought it.

And sure enough I found instructions

Icon number five from the left on top tool bar in Frontpage is 'Publish Web' Popped in my fp address, next box presented, popped in my ISP username and password and 'Bobs your Uncle'

So come and take alook at PC-Pals it's a great site, I'm sure you will find it helpfull and funny to boot, by the way I'm Tony over there, see ya all.
Community Veteran

Save only saves it to your hard disk.

You could do Save As and then save it in web folders (if you set these up first), this can be done from Windows Explorer.

Chris
N/A

Thanks Chris,

yes I realised 'save ' only updated the web page in the folder on the hard drive, it up loads when I hit the 'Publish Web' icon.

Tony