cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel the account?

N/A

I signed up but it seems that my router is not up to this (one of the old Solwise routers). It locks up as soon as I load the phone application.

If I have to get new hardware then it's going to take too long to make any real savings.

I looked at the pages on the Portal but I can't find the place to cancel.
5 REPLIES
N/A

PlusTalk cancelling Ivan

Hello,

Are you sure your router isnt up to this? I wonder if its a problem with possible firewall settings or X-lite requiring a specific port to be openned for the VOIP service. I'm not sure you might be right its NOT upto it? but it sounds a little suprising I would have thought most routers would be able to cope.

**Probably the best way to cancel your PlusTalk account is to open a support ticket from here on the portal, or phone them up.

Ivan
N/A

Well, I think it's the router problem. The DIAG light comes on and all traffic stops until I power off and restart it. If it had just been a problem with ports being opened up I would just have expected a failure from X-lite.
N/A

Replying, Ivan

Hello Again,

Oh! fair enough I'm more inclined to believe what your saying now from what you've just described. But its important I think to check those points i.e. firewall settings and ports as part of any troubleshooting process before you assign the router to the IT void.

**I guess at the end of the day it depends just how much you really want VOIP calls and service?? enough to lay out funds on new kit??

Ivan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've been able to set it up fine with the Solwise, if you go into the config pages go to the firewall page in security and create a new reverse mapping.

The four fields need to be blank for the first, IP address of the PC with the softphone, TCP, and port 5060.
Then create a second exactly the same except UDP.
Reboot the router and retry it.
N/A

When I had an older SAR110, I recall there being a hidden SIP ALG that had to be disabled from the CLI, otherwise it would randomly crash.