cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotmail on subscription only now for use in Outlook etc

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I forgot it was happening soon and went to make another acount today and now its web access only unless you pay £20 a year for it to use Outlook
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
3 REPLIES
N/A

Ouch. Yet another good reason for Gmail.

You can now both send and receive your e-mail using POP3 in Gmail. They even support TLS (Encrypted) based authenticated SMTP, so you can send from wherever you are (restricted to a from address of your Gmail account though).

Another very interesting feaures is the RSS based feed. You can check your mail using your standard news aggrigator. So users of Firefox can use it to check for mail using a Live bookmark Smiley
N/A

Yep, I'm bining my hotmail account shortly because of this. Thanks for the tip about gmail though, I've not really used it much as I couldn't be bothered to keep logging in but now with POP3 :-)

Aaron
Community Veteran

Existing hotmail accounts can still be accesed via outlook/outlook express until April 2005. It is only new accounts that are setup now that can't be accessed by an external email client.