cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for info

Ravinella
Grafter

Hoping for info

Now that Plusnet are doing some form of VoIP, is it going to be possible to connect up something like Asterisk ( http://www.asterisk.org/ ) to the Plusnet system ?

Quite fancy the idea of having something like this running as a test bed.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hoping for info

Billy,

I've got Asterisk able to receive calls from plustalk but as yet cannot get it to send/make calls without locking up my router (Vigor2600).

sip.conf:
[general]
<snip>
register => plustalk@<host>.plus.com:<acctpasswd>@sip.plus.net:5060/<local ext no> ;incoming from plustalk

[plustalk-out] ;outbound to plustalk
type=friend
host=sip.plus.net
username=plustalk@<host>.plus.com
secret=<acctpasswd>
insecure=very
dtmfmode=info
<snip>

On the asterisk console, type sip reload. Give it a couple of seconds and type sip show registry and it should show as registered (well it does for me).

extensions.conf:
<snip>
[plustalk] Grinial 7 to switch to plustalk
exten => _7.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@plustalk-out)
exten => _7.,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => _7.,3,Hangup()
<snip>

Hope that helps. If anyone has managed to get asterisk to send calls over plustalk please post the various conf files!

Stuart.
Ravinella
Grafter

Hoping for info

Brilliant, now I have some incentive to actually get on with setting it up, it'll give sparky (Sun Netra X1) something to do besides shift emails and wonder why I haven't gotten round to sorting out a website for the 2 domains she hosts.
N/A

In and out (ooer mrs)

Allrighty then, I've have a little time (and expense) and got Asterisk to make as well as receive calls Cheesy

The receiving config is the same as above....the sending bit is as below in sip.conf:

<snip>
[plustalk-out] ;outbound to plustalk
type=peer
host=sip.plus.net
username=plustalk@<hostname>.plus.com
secret=<password>
qualify=yes
insecure=very
authuser=201*** ; Plustalk SIP number
dtmfmode=rfc2833
accountcode=out-plustalk
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
fromuser=plustalk
fromdomain=<hostname>.plus.com
</snip>

Hope that helps someone! Now let's see if I know anyone on Plus' peering arrangements!

Stuart.

/edit changed dtmfmode from info to rfc2833
N/A

Hoping for info

I've got Asterisk able to receive calls from plustalk.

What version of Asterisk are you using and can you still receive calls? I can make outgoing calls and asterisk appears to register ok, but attempts to make an incoming call just seem to be ignored completely by the plustalk servers.

--
Simon
N/A

Hoping for info

I've fixed my own problem: http://wiki.arlott.org/PlusTalk/Asterisk