cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help withoutlook express

N/A

Help withoutlook express

Hello Folks
Ok i hope some kind folk wil be able to help me on this matter , its simple but I cannont work out what the problem is
Trying to write email in outlook express when i go to use the spell checker which i need often lol it is not working and is greyed out
got a brand spankin new Philips MT1500 Multimedia PC and the spell checker is not working.
came with works 8 which i put in again but still no joy.
Maybe i am missing something(be carefull with a reply to that bit)
any help would be greatfully recived
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Help withoutlook express

N/A

outlook express

Well i have taken a look and taken another look at both links
defo no spelling tab from first link and I have no idea what so ever what to do about the 2nd link
I cannot understand why this is liek this on such an expensive pc yet th eone b4 cost me under 400 had it all
strange very would a full recover fix it
N/A

Help withoutlook express

could move over to thunderbird, it has a spell checking plugin, which is very good.
It could be a setting in Outlook - it wont be anything to do with the computer itself, maybe the OEM OS has somethings cut out of it, get yourself a full XP license and install that --not the horrid OEM one that companies use.

you could always try this :
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm
N/A

outlook express

thnks , think ill have to use another mail server
new pc but it dd not come with an xp disk
had to make own recovery disk and came with works 8 only in box how stange , you would think if you run xp the disk would come with the system you just pain alot of cash for
N/A

Re: Help withoutlook express

Trying to write email in outlook express when i go to use the spell checker which i need often lol it is not working and is greyed out

Just a thought as it has been a while since I have used Windows, but have had a look at my wifes machine....... does not Microsoft Word have to be installed for the spell checker in Outlook Express to work because have recently re-installed her OS and although previously to this her spell checker was working but is now greyed out.... and I have as yet not re-install MS Word

Just a thought I will install MS Word and see if that does bring the spell checker back up and let you know if you have'nt sorted it out in the meantime.
shellsong
Grafter

Help withoutlook express

I think your trouble is that Works 8 does not have Microsoft Word in it and Outlook Express uses the associated checker package
If that does not work, try this: http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_010.html

Follow the link given by Peter and go to
Method 2

Download a copy of the file by clicking on this link. Just run the downloaded file to install it into its usual location.

Download the file by clicking where it says "clicking on this link" and run the downloaded executable
N/A

Help withoutlook express

Hello
Just had ago at link two but no joy , emailed Dixons and they just said call a service center , makes me mad, still thanks for advice lads, things went wrong with new pc last week when it had to shut down fatal error or something maybe that is why things dont look good on here
anyway thanks again
shellsong
Grafter

Help withoutlook express

At what point did the link 2 approach fail? I'm using Linux rather than Windows as my OS so I couldn't run the executable if I wanted to without having to use Wine but it downloads perfectly OK. Did you manage to download it and if you did have you run it-- it should install what you need in the right place automatically then?

If you have done that with no apparent change as far as Outlook Express spell checking is concerned, do a file search for csapi3t1.dll and try the effect of copying it to the Outlook Express folder (csapi3t1.dll is the file that enables you to spell check in OE)