cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with an FP problem please

N/A

Hi all,

I run a website for a local group on my PlusNet webspace. I have had FP extensions running on the site for over a year with no problems and regularly update the site but when I tried an update last week by clicking on the 'Publish' icon on FP (XP version) it kept giving an error relating to an internal server error and suggesting I contact the webmaster@force9.net
I raised a support ticket but when they eventually got back to me they were unable to help. I have since tried again and although I still get this same error when trying to publish multiple pages I am able to publish a single page by right clicking on it and then selecting publish from the context menu. As this is not ideal I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to try - I have re-installed FP BTW just to eliminate that.

Chris
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Would it be possible to provide the exact error message which FP is throwing up?
N/A

Yes sure, this is exactly what happens -
I click on the Publish button and it goes through listing the pages locally, then listing the pages on the FP site. It then gives an error as follows "The server could not complete your request. Contact your ISP or web server administrator to make sure that the server has the Front Page Server Extensions or SharePoint Team Services from Microsoft installed." There is also a details button and clicking on that reveals the following "500 Internal Server Error. The serverv encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@force9.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might of done that may of caused the error. More information may be available in the server error log. Apache/1.3.33 Server at fp.joneschris.plus.com Port 80."

That is the exact, word for word error so if that helps you it will of been worth my while typing it all in.... Wink

Thanks, Chris