cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, please with connection problem!!

DavidN

Wonder if anyone out there can help a couple of novice users of Plusnet, or may be you’ve had a similar experience? I am at present out in Spain so I feel a little helpless out here when the problem is back in UK!
In UK we have 2 pc’s connected to the system via a wired router. At present my wife’s pc is the only one in use & she mainly uses Plusnet for email using Outlook. Since the 18 April she has been experiencing long periods when she cannot connect to the internet. It seems to be ok up to around 08.30 when it then goes off & comes back ‘live’ again at around 20.00 (UK times). However, just to buck the trend it was live today up to around 13.15 and then it went off.
We have of course been in contact with Technical Help but they cannot find anything wrong at their end nor they say is there any problem with the line. They have asked for various items to be taken off the phone line which we have done but doesn’t solve the problem.
Has anyone got any ideas? We’d be very grateful for any ideas.
Regards
DavidN
3 REPLIES
N/A

May I suggest you send a private message to "jwhiting" detailing this thread, also include your ticket number. Hopefully he will be able to sort this out for you as it does sound like a line fault.
DavidN

Many thanks for this response. As I mentioned I am a complete novice not having used this Forum before, hence please tell me exactly how to make contact with "jwhiting"??

Further point, nothing to do with the above & no doubt again due to me not being 'here' before but ...... how come the date posted is shown as 28 AprilHuh
N/A

If you look at the top of this page you should see

"You have no new messages" - click this

Then click the button labled "New Post"

Which should bring you to a page with two input fields with the headings:

Username
Subject

In the Username field type jwhiting
And in the subject put your ticket number.

Then copy and paste the message you typed above into the Message body.

Its the same as making a forum thread just your sending it to a Username instead. I hope this helps to explain things a little better.

-----

Date/Time

if you hit Profile at the top you can configure Date and Time.