Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Re IncrediMail

Metalguru
Grafter

Help Re IncrediMail

Hi Team.

Up until recently both my daughters used IncrediMail, in conjunction with their free HotMail accounts, to send super snazzy "e" mails.

As you all probably know MSN have blocked their free HotMail accounts from working with desktop e mail clients.

Therefore :-

1. Can I use IncrediMail in conjunctiuon with a PlusNet "e" mail account?

If Not .......

2. Can anyone recommend a free "e" mail service that my girls can use in conjunction with IncrediMail?

3. Any other suggestions most welcome.

Mick. (A Dad Under Pressure)
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Help Re IncrediMail

IncediMail will indeed work with Plusnet. You just need to setup an email account for each user here on the Portal, and set it up in IncrediMail on your PC.
N/A

Help Re IncrediMail

gmail can also be used through pop

and as for hotmail not working through desktop clients, do you mean through things like OE and Incredimail, I just checked an old account of mine, and I can stil access it through my outlook express?
Metalguru
Grafter

Help Re IncrediMail

Your very lucky.

The below is a Copy / Paste from the HotMail (Help) FAQ section :-

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN HotmailSympatico Mail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers.

By making this feature part of a subscription, (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to abuse of this functionality, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features. To see other benefits of upgrading your MSN HotmailSympatico Mail or MSNSympatico/MSN accounts or to create a new subscription account please visit our subscription information page.
N/A

Help Re IncrediMail

very strange indeedy, have you tried it anyhow?
Metalguru
Grafter

Help Re IncrediMail

Yep.
It worked for a little while (after the date they said it wouldn't) with IncrediMail, but not any more. And My OE linked to my free HotMail account has finally packed up too.

Liam ..... Thankx for the info re using it with Plusnet mail ........... I've just set up my eldest daughter account (Dads A Hero).

Will do my youngest later..... Thanks Again.

Mick