cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Need some info from a webmaster

N/A

I am currently putting together a gaming website. I dont seem to be able to find information about using copyrighted images such as screen shots and logos.
If anyone is running a similar website and knows how to go about getting hold of information and images from the games developers etc then please help me!
3 REPLIES
N/A

If its from a well known game company email their site and ask permision or at worse snail mail.

Generally there is no problem as you are promoting their product so 99.9% of companies are happy to let you use their photos etc. All you can reasonably do is put a note saying if the copyright hold objects contact you and you will remove it.

In practical terms it isnt possable to ask every firm but if you try the top firms you may get promotional material from them if they think you site is good for them. After all they want to sell their games and if you are doing the job for them for free they are happy.
michaelscott
Grafter

such as screen shots

if you're talking about taking your own screenshots from games then there are no problems. they count as photos. ie they're your own 'work'
N/A

Thanks guys, ill get in touch wif them and see wot i can sort out.