cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have any Plus talk customers connected to each other yet?

CJC1942
Grafter

Hi,

The subject says it all!

Has anyone connected to anyone else successfully yet?

I've connected to 7000 and 7001 successfully but that is all.

I've tried to connect with another customer, who has got an ID, but was told he was "unavaible" and to leave a voice message. He was waiting for my call so was available, admittedly he does have a problem himself.

I've tried dialling random numbers either side of my own ID and get the same "not available" response.

Makes you wonder whether the service really does exist yet.

Maybe CS could try connecting to us or supply an ID we can try to connect to.

Regards
CJC
23 REPLIES
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Nope!

Sad Much the same as you, echo works fine voice mail "Retrieval" works fine but as it stands it's as much use as a chocolate tea pot. I've had more success with iChat to AIM. I suppose it's early days but it won't be very popular until you can phone direct to landlines and mobiles. Then........ Cheesy
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Let's get the ball rolling

If we all add our SIP ID and SIP Address to our signatures we could perhaps start testing this thing out between us!
Breaker Break er 10:4 Good buddy Wink
N/A

well i have mine setup I THINK!!, someone feel free to check it
N/A

7000 worked for me, but what on earth is 7001, is it a way to retrieve voicemail or something, if so it dont work for me lol
N/A

Hi all,

I have setup my softphone and up until now all appears to be working as normal.
I do not know if i can call or indeed receive any calls as yet. So if anyone is also wanting to test, please feel free to ring me on SIP ID: 201843.

Tom.
N/A

Hey Robynfali,

Thanks for trying buddy. Unfortunately it did not work this time. I have however changed a few settings and am wondering if you could give me another call to see if it has made any difference at all.

Cheers.

Tom.
N/A

getting an unavailable message now mate
N/A

Please try again now Robyn.

I have tried ringing you a number of times and it says you are unavailable too. :s

Tom.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Someone phoned my Plustalk number the other day but I couldn't get to the phone in time & they didn't leave a message (well one was left but it was just background noise)
N/A

Cloudmaster,

The way it stands at the moment, I cannot get any calls of any type.
I have tried forwarding the ports as outlined but as Robynfalis mentioned before all he gets unavailable user.
So i can only assume that it must work without the forwarding. I am not comofrtable with placing my unit in the DMZ as this would then have to be covered by a software firewall instead of the usual NAT and device firewall.

What router are you using out of interest and what settings are you using.
I am using a D-Link G604-T.

Tom.

My SIP ID: 201843

Please feel free to call me.
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Called you, but you said you can hardly hear me, unfortunately I'm not prepared to alter my voice settings because they seem to work fine for everyone else.

I use a Zoom X5 router, but I have multiple IP's which it doesn't cope with too well, so it's set non-NAT, & I use a software firewall (Kerio) on my workstation.

Hoping one day to get a proper IP phone
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Someone phoned my Plustalk number the other day but I couldn't get to the phone in time & they didn't leave a message (well one was left but it was just background noise)

It was me! sorry got called away so didn't leave message. Have had a chat with someone else though. all worked fine except for a bit of distortion, cured with a few adjustments. and echo at his end as I was using mic built into my iMac and seperate speakers. but it worked. All we need now is dial to landlines and we've got it.
N/A

Called you, but you said you can hardly hear me, unfortunately I'm not prepared to alter my voice settings because they seem to work fine for everyone else.

Cloud, I do apologise matey, after your call I was investigating as to why I really couldnt hear nothing. As it turns out my son had decided that the jack for the mic would be better off plugged into the speakers port and vice versa. Oh dont we love kids lol.

On a seperate note, I was on the phone to my ate last night and all seemed well. Well apart from the supposed 59minute and 59 second limit per call. We managed around 1 hour 33 minutes before we both decided to go to bed lol.
One other thing is that there seems to be a lot of interference, Now whether this is at his end, on the line or my end I am not too sure.
I am however almost certain it is not my end.

Please feel free to call me.

SIP ID: 201843

Be back after 12 noon.
N/A

Anyone wanna leave a message?

Well . . what exactly is this facility for? I can't seem to get the point of 'talking' to other plusnet subscribers (cos I don't know of any). That said, if anyone wants to leave a message to test their setup or whatever, I'll be happy to oblige.

SIP: 201861
:mrgreen: