cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google earth

N/A

Google earth

I have been trying to download Google Earth with no success. it will supposedly appear to download but will not run. i downloaded at school onto my laptop and it ran as it should . I then connected my laptop to my home connection - plusnet - and yes i was not able to run the programme. Is this soemthing to do with my internet connection to PLus net? :roll:
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Google earth

I assume you are on Broadband when you are trying to run it?
If you are on dialup (maybe thats why you downloaded it at school) then it will have great difficulty in running as it constantly downloads its images.

If you are on broadband then you should be able to run it fine from your Plusnet connection.
N/A

googel earth

yes i am on broadband at home and at school. I downloaded at school to see if i could use at home on laptop threough my connection. very strange
Community Veteran

Google earth

Can't see why it wont run then Sad It works fine on any machine I've set it up on using Plusnet.
That includes my own machines and some on other users.
N/A

hi

google earth wouldnt run on my laptop because i had blocked its cookie [on internet settings privacy then sites ]see if gogle is blocked or check your firewall in case its blocking google exe access as i had both [but i have a problem trusting things :lol: ] hope it works for you as its pretty good
madswitcher
Grafter

Google earth

I am not exactly sure, but I think that Google Earth is a bit sensitive about the graphics card it uses. - Mmght be worth investigating that area as well.

Mike