cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Luck To Plusnet

N/A

Good Luck To Plusnet

First off i must say last night i experienced my first night on a different supplier to plusnet having been a customer for the past few years. It was a nice experience to use Usenet at 17.oo hrs at a speed of 2.7mb rather than 100k from the day before.

But i must say through all the faults you still cannot beat the community that is plusnet which includes these forums and the great mods dtomlinson, jamesbailey andmandbeckett plus others i may have peed offf lol.

I joined the big beast of BT and can say im pretty pleased but seeing as they own plusnet i think the benefits may start coming through. And if thats the case then plusnet will be number one again because of all the little things like these forums and the usertools.

Anyway good luck to you all
4 REPLIES
N/A

Good Luck To Plusnet

Moved to a more appropriate board for this type of thread.
shellsong
Grafter

Re: Good Luck To Plusnet

I joined the big beast of BT and can say im pretty pleased but seeing as they own plusnet i think the benefits may start coming through. And if thats the case then plusnet will be number one again because of all the little things like these forums and the usertools.

I suspect it's more likely that BT will catch a bad dose of Ellacoya-itis until they realise it's completely the wrong way to go-- after all it's most likely the PlusNet traffic management "expertise" :!: :?: :!: that BT bought PN for!
avalon
Grafter

Good Luck To Plusnet

Not necessarily. The problem Plusnet have is insufficient bandwidth. If it had sufficient then the ellacoyas would be useful for QoS purposes to ensure VoD, VOIP, Gaming, etc got proper priority without being overrun by p2p, usenet binaries, and so on.

Without sufficient bandwidth no matter how good the ellacoyas become in managing traffic users will all suffer from a poor internet experience as the ellacoyas can't work miracles if there is no spare bandwidth left to use.
shellsong
Grafter

Good Luck To Plusnet

With sufficient bandwidth Ellacoyas are redundant!