cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail ??

N/A

Gmail ??

I really don't know about the ethics of requesting an invite (if it's still relevant) and if I'm out of order just say so, but I'm looking for one and nobody I personally know has a Gmail account. I've been using my original ISP's email account for years now but it's become such a pain in the butt to sign up to access it every 90 days (requires installing unnecessary software too - blech!) that I want to move on to something more long term and simpler.

Rich.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Gmail ??

send me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you an invite
N/A

Gmail ??

Cheers bluebellhouse. You have PM.
N/A

Gmail ??

I also have spare invites if anybody else wants to join the fun!

GMail works seemingly all the time too!
N/A

Gmail ??

Gmail is good but riddled with spam :shock:
N/A

Gmail ??

Not for me. I've not had any spam at all since starting. But then I suppose it's all down to how freely you dish out your email address.
N/A

Gmail ??

never had a problem with spam of gmail, it all ends up in the spambox....and that does get full lol..

same here also, loads invites.....98 at last count, if you want em, pm me, as no doubt others will say the same!
N/A

Gmail ??

Never had a sinlge item of spam, but then my addy is numeric, so not many folks would guess it.
Also I never give it out to anyone but friends and family, work is the best place for spam messages to go. (Sophos is pretty accurate at filtering)
N/A

Gmail ??

Work mail addresses should be reserved for appropriate use, and not loaded with spam anyway...

I've found the filter in Gmail works quite well and can deal with hundreds of junk messages a day. I forward most mail to a "dump" address and look in there now and then in case of something useful being classed as spam... The 2 GB limit on Gmail means even if I don't look in for a few days it won't "fill up" unlike some services with 100 or 250 MB limits
N/A

Gmail ??

Gmail is good but riddled with spam :shock:

I have a gmail account and never used it yet i get spam into my account, a few a week nothing muh but unless someone else is posting my email addy i can't work that one out

I get no spam to Plusnet and have had same email (both addys same except for domian) addy for 3 years although i use a hotmail for all forums/online purchasing etc etc
N/A

Gmail ??

Work mail addresses should be reserved for appropriate use, and not loaded with spam anyway...

For staff I agree, but IT Managers get some perks you know.... Wink

I have to stare at my computer at work for stupid lengths of time during the average (50-60hr) week, thus I ain't pratting about with computers/email/spam at home too - only stuff I want to read gets to me at home.