cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given up!!

zebo-the-fat
Grafter

Given up!!

I spent all day trying to get it to work, everytime I logged on it locked my router up. (I had to power off & on to clear it). Out of curiosity I downloaded skype, it worked perfectly with no setting up. Calls to other PCs are free, calls to landlines are 1.1 pence/min calls to mobiles about 14 pence/min.
Sorry plusnet, great as an ISP but crap with voip! Shocked
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Given up!!

your router wasn't PN supplied was it? I know there are issues with one of the PN supplied routers - i think it's a solwise - but i am not sure which one.
N/A

Given up!!

One of the routers supplied by Plusnet was the Solwise SAR110 and Plusnet say they can not provide any help in configuring it to be capable of using the X-Lite software. Sent an email to Solwise a week ago still no reply.

Steve
zebo-the-fat
Grafter

Given up!!

My router was made by Sweeks, not sure about the model no.
the_norris
Grafter

Given up!!

Just to say that I've got a SAR110 router - x-lite working ok - only tested using 7000 loop test number and 7001 voice mail.

Phil
N/A

Given up!!

Phil, you are the first person with a Solwise router to say they have even managed to logon.
Perhaps you could tell us what firmware version you have and what settings you used in your router and in X-Lite.

Chris
the_norris
Grafter

Given up!!

Hi Chris,

Router details: SAR110 -
H/W Version: 810012
S/W Version: VIK-1.38.021206a

Note: not the latest firmware - too lazy to update - also will need to re-enter my port forwards Smiley

Only port I forward was port 5060 to my PC.

Setting in X-lite are as documented on PN - but with the extra option of 'Regisiter = Never"

Phil
N/A

Given up!!

I've given up and got a SIPURA 841 hardware voip phone - works a dream - and once I get the activation code for the extra lines it will have PN on it as well (using Sipgate for incomming and babble for outgoing).
N/A

Given up!!

Thanks Phil, hopefully knowing your setup will help others with the problem.

Unfortunately my router is an SAR715 and setting the 'Register = Never' only moves the problem to the next stage. When I dial 7000 I get a "Call failed: 408 time-out".

My diagnostic log shows no "RECEIVE" messages.

I've been trying to get it to work for over a week but I haven't quite given up hope.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Given up!!

Have you tried this phone with PlusTalk?

I've given up and got a SIPURA 841 hardware voip phone - works a dream - and once I get the activation code for the extra lines it will have PN on it as well (using Sipgate for incomming and babble for outgoing).
the_norris
Grafter

Given up!!

Thanks Phil, hopefully knowing your setup will help others with the problem.

Unfortunately my router is an SAR715 and setting the 'Register = Never' only moves the problem to the next stage. When I dial 7000 I get a "Call failed: 408 time-out".

Hi Chis

Mine was not working first with these setting - got cheese off with it (was later at night) also was posting here. Next moring when I switched on my PC an dload x-lite it was working! Not sure if the reboot/reload or PN did some thing at there end.

Phil
N/A

Given up!!

Sorry, Phil, still no go here.

Until I can get a "RECEIVE" message it just isn't going to work.

Solwise says it's a problem with the STUN (Simple Traversal of User Datagram Protocol (UDP) Through Network Address Translators (NATs) ) in the X-Lite software.
X-Lite said it's the port forwarding on the router not working and suggested I get another router!
In other words each blames the others product.

I suppose I've learnt a lot from the exercise even if I will never be able to use voip.

Chris
the_norris
Grafter

Given up!!

The only port forward I used was port 5060 to my PCs IP - Note did all for the protocal type - TCP and UDP.

Phil
N/A

Given up!!

Go for Skype, I have a Sar 110 and have had skype for over a year with no problems. +net's VOIP is just a waste of space, terrible software and is incompatable with quite a few modems/routers.

As for +net giving any help with any of their supplied products forget it, once they've sold it they wash their hands of it. Great C/S on that one boys, that's the way to go.
N/A

Given up!!

Well, considering PlusNet don't use STUN, that throws the Solwise description out of the window.