cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with your settings and PlusTalk?

N/A

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share my experience with PlusTalk and the PAP2/Netgear combo.

I am currently still having an issue with PlusTalk, I have read all the posts regarding the PAP2 and the Netgear DG834G. I have tried different suggestions regarding the settings.
I spent a long time on the phone with Linksys who have a freephone help-line number and they were very helpful and answered the phone straight away. In contrast I tried to phone Plusnet and I was on hold for 45mins before I gave up.
I placed a help request with the ticket system three days and have not yet had a reply.

I decided to try Sipgate, I signed up and paid for PAYG, the settings recommended for the PAP2 were simple and I was connected immediately.
The call quality is good and I have no issues.
I had a question for Sipgate sent them an e-mail and received a reply within a few hours.
Sipgate give geographical numbers to which I have pointed my own 0845 number so I am not locked to them or any other supplier.
The ability to switch off voicemail is good and to be able to send SMS messages from your account also appeals.

If I were to say anything to Plusnet it would be; if your support were any good I probably would not have thought about using another supplier and while I may not be a big user, I will be closing my PlusTalk account. Don't be arrogant and learn from this and other complaints about your support in these forums.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I would have to second this - tried PlusTalk as I got 240 'free' minutes with my account.

Poor sound, big delays, iffy connections - not a great experience

Tried Sipgate and it just plain worked! Add the SMS service at 5.9p per text to anywhere and i'm sold.

As X-Lite can only have one set of SIP setings, mine are staying set to Sipgate - until there are some big changes, PlusTalk just isn't up to scratch.
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I like what you both say about Sipgate, but don't you pay for credit and any unused credit is lost after a month?

I'm sorry that after using PlusTalk for some weeks, the service has become unreliable.

Oddly the real trouble started for me when the full service was introduced on 4 July.

Regards.....Noel
N/A

Hi,

I am not aware of lost credit using Sipgate, the only thing I can think that you may of heard is that if you subscribe to the premium service where free minutes are allocated to you each month, unused minutes are not carried over.

If you have concerns try dropping Sipgate a line they, unlike PluTalk respond in a reasonable time.
N/A

As X-Lite can only have one set of SIP setings, mine are staying set to Sipgate - until there are some big changes, PlusTalk just isn't up to scratch.

X-Lite will support more than 1 connection simultaneously. I use both sipgate and Plustalk and normally I use X-Lite just for Plustalk because I have a PAP2 for sipgate and use my PDA for Plustalk as I can't be bother to switch phones on the PAP2.

But, X-lite has been set up with both and I have done tests when both have been registered without any problems. The majority of X-lite settings are for sipgate but with a 2nd proxy with Plustalk setting. For Plustalk I use port 5060 and for sipgate 5061. If you change your port settings for sipgate you may have to wait for sipgate to flash the setting out. But you can check this by going to your sipgate account and checking the online status.