cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontpage website problem

stowman

I am having a problem getting my site uploaded on plusnet.
I have uploaded my files and as suggested on moonphase uploaded the index and dummy files. When I try to connect to my site - www.stowmarket-history.co.uk I get a blank page. Viewing the source shows that this is the moonphase index page, but why am I not being redirected to my website?
I have modified the index page as suggested.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Have you actually tried to visit http://fp.stowman.plus.com because when I do I get another blank page and when I view the source it's the same moonphase redirect page. I.e. you are just redirecting to yourself each time.

I suspect you have index.html in your fp webspace which is being picked up by default.

Either you need to specify a specific html page in the redirect or the redirect should point to a directory containing your default index.html file.
N/A

The Index.htm on the fp site is the moonphase redirect. There does not appear to be a index.html page. You need the Index.htm to be the start page of your site.
stowman

Alright I can now connect to my site - www.stowmarket-history.co.uk The only remaining problem is that when I hit the HOME button on the individual pages instead of getting to the index page of the site I end up with - "The requested URL /index..htm was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.stowmarket-history.co.uk Port 80"
Community Veteran

Your problem seems to be with the fact that the return button is trying to call the file "Index.htm" with a capital I. (align="center"><a href="Index.htm") is copied from your source code.
If when it comes up with the page not found message I alter the url to "index.htm" with a small i it goes back to the home page.
N/A

Any file names are case sensitive. There is also the issue of htm and html.
So, Index.htm is different to index.htm both of which are different to index.html and so on.
The hierachy is html first and htm second (if memory serves me right, it's been a while since I tested it)