cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Page Extensions

N/A

Front Page Extensions

What does it mean, am still mucking about with my webspace for the first response, and I have enabled the frontpage extensions in my account, but I dont know what they do, does it mean that instead of uploading all the html fiels etc, I can just upload the .pub file or what?? sorry for being so dense!!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Front Page Extensions

The Front page aextensions just mean that things like guestbook and webcounter are built in and you can use them on the frontpage server instead if having to upload files to run on the CGI Server.
When you build a site with front page the program should have the tools to create the above things.
N/A

Front Page Extensions

ok at for that, at least I know what it means now..

one more quick question if you dont mind..

With Frontpage 2003, it says i can save directly to the web instead of saving to hard drive first, when I have tried it, using the save as... it just saves on the hard drive, what am I doing wrong there
Community Veteran

Front Page Extensions

I dont use Front Page so Im no expert on it but there should indeed be an option to have it upload the site direct to the Front Page server and install it on there.
I cant help with how to find that option though.

Perhaps someone who does use it can help with that.
N/A

Front Page Extensions

okay mate, thanks for your time and replies tho.... appreciated...

so the question is thrown to the floor ladies n gents :lol:
mossgrove
Grafter

Front Page Extensions

Use the Publish button on FrontPage and give it the address of your fp webspace: this will be "fp.whateveryourplusaccount name" is.

you can load your web in future by checking the "automatically open last used web" option

Tim