cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Broadband Disconnection

N/A

Problem: Regular Disconnection
I am a new user of broadband but I find that every day for the past week, each time I connect, my connection goes off. Sometimes it works for half an hour or forty minutes and then suddenly it terminates and I am not able to get online again.
I reported this to the technical staff more than five times.
The first time was on a saturday and I was told it could be a BT line error as BT may be doing maintenance on the line. I was asked to try every hour but did not succeed.
The next day when I complained i was told to uninstall the modem and re instal, which I did. It started working for some hours but then later disconnected.
During the week every day it disconnected.
When I complained this saturday I was told to keep a log of the exact times that the connection breaks down, which is frustrating!
Can you figure out where the problem is?
Once it disconnects I cannot reconnect as the DSL icon says 'failed to initialize.'
This morning it connected for half an hour and then went dead.
Right now (10.00 p.m.) it is working. I do not know when it will go dead!
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Jude
3 REPLIES
N/A

Can you tell us what type of modem you have.

If it is a router/modem combo unit, can you tell us the make, model and firmware version.

If it is a USB modem, what make and model is it. In adition, can you tell us what CPU you have, your memory size and the motherboard make and model.
N/A

this is exactly what im getting, dont klnow if this person had a USB dynamode wassamahoojit ( A360 thats it) but its the same problem the adsl just goes, the modem shuts down and refuses to light back up again untill i reboot, this is mentioned somewhere else by me, but as of yet i havnt solved it.
N/A

(windows ME, 1465 mhz AMD Athlon XP, 320 MB RAM, erm mobo is a new gigabyte not sure which though)