cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free virus scanners?

N/A

Free virus scanners?

A while back people was tlking about free virus scaners on the web. I was just wondering could any 1 tell me some of them sites again plz
8 REPLIES
N/A

Free virus scanners?

I used to use AVG free edition, but I've recently switched to Avast and so far its been good. it updates more regularly than AVG and includes SMTP/POP3 and Outlook E-mail scanners.

Avast can be found HERE
N/A

Free virus scanners?

I also use the free version of AVG - does everything I need it to
Community Veteran

Free virus scanners?

The General: Essential Security software tutorial has some free virus scanners listed.
N/A

Free virus scanners?

If your talking about one that runs from the web, the Trend's Housecall is the job

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
N/A

Free virus scanners?

Yeah that was it thanks guys
N/A

Free virus scanners?

For me Panda Activescan blows Tren'd's out of the water - nocomparison - activecan is the business and can scan your e-mails too which I'm pretty sure Trend doesn't (I used to like and use Trend but I do feel Panda's is better).

As for ones to install on your PC I was leaning towards AVG too til I checked an indepndent AV testing site and found that it had failed their testts more often than passed :-(

So I have put my hand in my pocket and paid for NOD32 which is VERY highly rated and runs darned quick too
N/A

Free virus scanners?

I use AVG on my machines. Though for some reason the OE plug in doesn't work on my parents PC.

If Sophos was more affordable for a 1 user license, I'd use that.
N/A

Free virus scanners?

sophos is the WORST AV i have ever seen / run / used / unistalled its SLOW .. doesnt pick up anything.. stick with teh leading ones NAV / Mcafee AV / KAV

ull be safe with those