cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free photo gallery applications

N/A

Does anyone know of some good (free) photo gallery applications that can be downloaded using Plusnet?

Someone suggested http://gallery.sourceforge.net which looks good but I was wondering if there were any others.

Thanks

Ollie
6 REPLIES
N/A

Take a look at http://www.hotscripts.com/

It has most of the free CGI applications availabl;e.
N/A

i use Gallery and it works great (although a bit of a pain to set up on plusnet)
N/A

Can't upload/change/delete files on cgi

Hi there

I am having problems with uploading/changing/deleting files via web access. Can anyone help? I have tried different programs, they can list the directory but cannot change the files. I managed to get it to work, but only if the file and directory permissions are set to full access (777) to everyone, which is not the best thing to do.

Any sugestions?
N/A

User permissions come from 3 digits (777).

These stand for user, group and world (in that order).

When you upload files, they are owned by you, in your username, and permissions are based on the first digit.

You can safley ignore group for this moment.

The webserver runs under a different username to your own, and as such, isn't based on user or group permissions, and has to take the world permission.

While this is unsafe, it is the same with all hosting providers.
N/A

Thanks.

Is there anyway of changing the permission in PHP to full acces, to be able to update folders/files and then change it back to what it was? I am looking to update my website online, if possible, without having to go through ftp / telnet. I am not interested in the security part of it yet. I will worry about that later.

Can anyone show me some PHP code or head me in the general direction.

Thanks
N/A

I have added the code required below. As scripts are executed by the webserver as user nobody you need to modify the permissions for other which is the last digit. Put the following line before your upload routine:

chmod("directory where you want to store images",0707);

After upload is complete add this line

chmod("directory where you want to store images",0705);

An example of the function call is given below

chmod("mygallery/images", 0707);

Darren