cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum email update - change email address this is sent to?

N/A

hallo

im sure most of you know that when you post a topic anywhere in the forums, you get sent emails telling you if anyone else has replyed to that post etc

currently i'm getting all these 'forum post updates' in my yahoo account. i dont want them there - i want them in my plusnet mailbox.

does anyone know where you can change this option?..i originally had my yahoo accoount in my plusnet 'Account details' but have ammended that to use the plusnet mail address, but still no luck...

amran

[Moderators note (by Chris): This post has nothing to do with CGI, please check which forum you use for different questions
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

This has to be done internally by Plusnet.
Use the link:Contact Us and let them know the e-mail address you need to have them delivered to.
N/A

cheers for that John
N/A

Actualy, allthough you may have had this done allready, this needs to be done by contacting Ian Wild on the fourms.

The forums are not controled by the main support team or departments, but a select few.
N/A

hallo

cheers for that

but the 'contact us' ticket thing worked a treat..altho why the forums dont email to the address given in 'Account Details' part of portal, ive no idea...

amran
N/A

The thing is, they do, only you may not see ti that way.

+Net hold two addresses for you, depending on what you give when you sign-up.

The address the mail is going to, is the address you gave at signup.
N/A

aha

i kinda had an inkling that was true - which is why i tried changing my 'Account Details' email addy first.

Ashame its not reference directly form the 'Account Details' data, as opposed to just retrieving the address at sign up...

amran
N/A

This is in planning and has been for some time.

The idea will be to syncronise the settings.

At this time, because of the way the forum code works, there are two lots of the data. phpBB stored and account data.
N/A

hmm..my sympathy to your portal development/support staff. This portal is pretty good...sounds messy behind the scenes tho.

amran
N/A

I don't work for +Net. I just help out with moderation and answering questions.

However, your right, there are one or two bits that make it sound messy. However, there are major plans to fix that.