cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox can't access wespace

N/A

Firefox hangs (not responding) every time I try to access my home page on my PlusNet webspace. Strangley though, IE works with no problem. I'm a recent Firefox convert and I hope someone can help with this as I'd view going back to IE as a retrograde step.
The page was created mostly with Frontpage 2002, uploaded to htdocs using WSFTP 95. It's a .htm file.
Any ideas out there?
10 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

If you're talking about http://www.aberthin.plus.com/ it's working fine for me, using Firefox 1.0.3

Edit: Tried one of the links on the page & it needs a plugin which I haven't installed, maybe that's what you're experiencing
N/A

Yep, that's the site I'm talking about. I'm using Firefox 1.0.4, but no go. Sorry about the unfinished pages, I've put it up earlier than I should have.
Don't think it's to do with plugins, as it hangs before even loading up the home page.
Any other suggestions please?
N/A

Hm, not working for me either on 1.0.4.

I'm wondering if it due to the fphover.class applets which are a frontpage extension (in Java?) which may not work with FF.

From this link
http://www.forum4designers.com/archive86-2005-4-208707.html might be worth checking if the path etc is right.
Julie
Grafter

Hi there...... works fine for me

I use Firefox v1.o4
I just removed the comma included at the end of your link, and the site showed up fine Smiley
All firefox needed was some additional plugins which you should be able to just click on and install the missing ones as Firefox shows you which ones it needs
holdtight
Grafter

Doesnt work here either on 1.0.4
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Maybe a problem's been introduced in Firefox 1.0.4, because it's working fine for me with version 1.0.3
holdtight
Grafter

Well spotted julie i didnt even notice the comma and as soon as i removed it the page loaded fine

firefox 1.0.4 no plug ins
Cloudmaster
Grafter

I've edited out that comma now so the link should work fine without modification Shockedops:
holdtight
Grafter

It does Cheesy
N/A

Thanks for suggestions - still no go. I think it may be Firefox / firewall interaction related - I shall experiment a while.