cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox - How to get icons on bookmarks toolbar

Alecto
Grafter

As recommended, I've just installed firefox.

In IE, I have a Links toolbar with all the regularly used stuff on it, each with a nice little icon (eg.the cross for Plusnet, a thunderbolt for the Weather, etc.).
Firefox doesn't seem to take the Links toolbar over, though it did take the bookmarks and I've moved my links over to its own toolbar easily enough.

But I can't find how to change the icon associated with each bookmark on this toolbar. In IE, it's a rightclick and change properties, but the firefox properties make no mention of icons.

Does any dedicated firefox user know how to change these icons please, and also where I can get a load of assorted icon designs to download?
3 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

As far as I know, trying to do this myself, you can only use the default icons for the site (as in the favicon.ico on the site). Aparently it has been requested and will be included in Deerpark, the next version of firefox which the beta of will be out in the next few weeks I am told.
Alecto
Grafter

Thanks Craig. Many of the sites don't have default icons, of course, so my toolbar looks a bit dull.
Anyway, I'll await developments
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, can see why thats a pain. You end up with aload of buttons that have the default icon and hard to differaniate without reading. lol