Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP for my two web addresses

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Hi Folks.

I sure this is straight forward but still can't work it out.

I have two web addresses hosted with PlusNet. One is a Domain name I transferred in and have been maintaining a website on this address for over a year with no problems. The second is my web address I got when I registered with Plus Net.

If I log on the my PlusNet web address I get to exactly the same files as on the domain address. I now want to split that web address away so that the two addresses are different.

I am using 'Smart' FTP. They say to ask your ISP how to do it. So here I am.
4 REPLIES
melnibone

Simply go into the Domain Names section of Member Centre and change the default folder for your domain. Then upload all of the files for it into htdocs/folder then whenever someone goes to your domain they'll be givne the index file in that folder, rather than the index file for your main site.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

melnibone,

Thanks for the reply.

Just done this, but I guessed I have messed it up. If I go to my site www.billericaystriders.com what I have now is a page entitled "Index of" and then see two folders to pick from.

How do I set up to go directly to my homepage without haveing to put /striders in the URL? :?:
melnibone

For your basic site, using the username for the url, leave that in the htdocs folder. For any domains, change the default folder through the domain names setion of the website. This will then drop you onto the index.html file for either the username or domain name.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Seems to have sorted itself out overnight..

Just have to try another URL now. Smiley