cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Problem

N/A

FTP Problem

I have a problem with my FTP connection. I am connected to Plus.Net via ADSL Broadband via a Linksys ADSL Router.

When I try to FTP in any program I receive the following error message:

!Receive Error: Blocking Call Cancelled

I have searched the Internet and the only suggestion I can find is to either turn Passive Mode on or off depending on its current setting. I have tried this and it hasn't worked.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

FTP Problem

Try using ftp-proxy.plus.net as the FTP server instead of ftp.plus.net and see if you still get the same problem.

Chris
N/A

FTP Problem

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot. Is there an alternative for the CGI server as well? I have the same problem with that. I using:

cgi.bates1.plus.com

at the moment.

Thanks
Community Veteran

FTP Problem

No there is no alternative for the CGI server.

you could try using criticalmass.plus.net, however this points to exactly the same place as using cgi.username

Chris
Community Veteran

FTP Problem

Could be a problem with the FTP package you are using. Have you tried something else - there are loads of versions about, many have free trials and some are actually free.

You could always try windows command line ftp . Just get to a dos/cmd box and type ftp.
N/A

FTP Problem

It happens in every program I use.
N/A

FTP Problem

What connection hardware are you using?

I had a simalar problem with a router we use, until I adjusted the firewall to allow things.
N/A

FTP Problem

What connection hardware are you using?

I had a simalar problem with a router we use, until I adjusted the firewall to allow things.

Well the ADSL Modem itself hasn't got any branding on it (it came with the Plus Net account) but the setup screen has the following:

Globespan Virata GS8100

The ADSL Router is by LinkSys

If that helps at all.