cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Error....

N/A

FTP Error....

I've had a look in the forum, and none of the answers help.

I'm using WS_FTP LE to delete a folder, it keeps saying there is still files in a directory, tried using "ls -la" as in a previous post. this is what i got when i sent "help" to the plusnet ftp

214-The following commands are recognized (* =>'s unimplemented).
214-USER PASS ACCT* CWD XCWD CDUP XCUP SMNT*
214-QUIT REIN* PORT PASV EPRT EPSV TYPE STRU
214-MODE RETR STOR STOU APPE ALLO* REST RNFR
214-RNTO ABOR DELE MDTM RMD XRMD MKD XMKD
214-PWD XPWD SIZE LIST NLST SITE SYST STAT
214-HELP NOOP FEAT OPTS ADAT* AUTH* CCC* CONF*
214-ENC* MIC* PBSZ* PROT*

Any help? :shock:

Craig

Moderators note (John) Smilies enabled for you as you had included one.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

FTP Error....

I use the pro version so don't know if the LE is different.

The ls -la should be entered in the box below the mkdir button then hit refresh. This should then show any hidden files in the directory you are trying to delete which you can then delete.

Note: in *nix, hidden files start with a . (dot) and most FTP clients will not show them by default.

Note2: when viewing the directory with ls -ai, you wll see 2 files . and .. (dot & dot dot). These are actually directories and should not be deleted (and I think you can't anyway) so just ignore those.
N/A

FTP Error...

Well, I still cannot get it to work, it wont bring up any files!

Help!

:x
Community Veteran

FTP Error....

Are you on the www or cgi server?

If cgi, just login to your shell, cd to the directory and do an ls -lai and remove any files you see. See Servers: CGI/Shell Server Basics

If it's the www server, try the windows command line ftp client. Info on using it can be found in Managing webspace with dosFTP.

Other than that I don't know why you can't do as I detailed above or why you can't see the files to delete.