cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engaged tone or lack of...

shamus
Grafter

I assume that it is not just me - Why when I dial a number that is simply engaged do I get some woman telling me "Sorry we cannot connect your call...blah blah". Is there a reason why PlusTalk does not simply give the old faithful engaged tone like all other SIP providers?
4 REPLIES
sgbirch
Dabbler

YES!!! I am trying to get my family to be happy with VoIP but irritations like that making it difficult.

Please fix this plus!!!

Steve
N/A

Are you sure it is PlusTalk generating this message? Not coming from the BT exchange? This is now becoming irritatingly common, messages like "we are trying to connect your call, the other party knows you are waiting" when the other party is wondering why their phone keeps beeping when they are on a call!

nivram
shamus
Grafter

I am 100% positive that this is generated by PlusTalk - Somewhere in the message it even talks about looking at the portal for known problems! I could understand this message being played if the call could not be connected due to technical reasons or an error somewhere - But it is a total pain in the arse when you are calling an engaged number.

Come on Plus can we have an explanation as why this is setup like this?
N/A

Slight conspiracy theory...
If your call is connected to a lady who tells you it can't be connected, then don't you get charged for it (or use up your free minutes?)
Engaged tone = lower revenue.

Similar reason why people are unhappy with the PN CS Line, you get charged for being told you can't be connected - made even worse because PN get a portion of the cash you pay to get through to the 0845 number.