Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endian Firewall

madswitcher
Grafter

Endian Firewall

Hi All,

I thought I would drop everyone a line to let them know about the Endian firewall project.

If you have a spare machine with a couple of NICs and capable of running Linux, then I highly recommend that you look at using this software to build a firewall appliance. Even at the beta stage, it is still a formidable product

look at www.efw.it to download the iso image - its free at the moment

Regards, Mike
4 REPLIES
N/A

Endian Firewall

Thanks for the mention Mike,

Looks pretty good Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

Endian Firewall

Its along the same lines as smoothwall and ipcop Mike which ive run on and off through several versions over the past few years

If you have a spare machine its a great way to put together an easy to use and configure hardware firewall which is pretty much impenetrable

cheers for the link i might give this one a go to see how it differs from the others and if its any better

Bill.
madswitcher
Grafter

Endian Firewall

Holdtight

Yes I used ipcop for some time (and thought it was great) and then saw this which has a lot more features in it so I gave it a go.

It is, in fact, based on ipcop. The IDS and Content chacker are quite good and the proxy-cache does give a significant boost when you have several users like we have.

Cheers,

Mike
holdtight
Grafter

Endian Firewall

Thanks for the info Mike ill give it a go when ive got some time sounds like it might be a good one

Cheers
Bill.