cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems with PlusNet and Outlook

N/A

Hi I have some strange problems with both my PlusNet webmail and using Oulook to collect email from PlusNet.

Ok first problem is that when i send email to my PlusNet email address, it doesnt appear when i login to the member centre and check the email, BUT when i use Oulook to check the emails show up!! I have no idea why i can't see them in the member centre??

I hope somebody can help with this very annoying problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Resolved second problem.
6 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Is it possible Outlook is picking them up before they appear on the Webmail?
It could also be that its being delivered between you checking Webmail and Outlook checking, which would cause it to be missed.
N/A

Well i have some stored emails, and what i mean that when i login to webmail they arent there, but Outlook can display them.
N/A

Just a quick question as i understand better what you mean, does Outlook move the emails from webmail and store them somewhere ? If it does then that explains it.

I am new to this Tongue
csogilvie
Grafter

If Outlook is set to use POP, then yes, it downloads them, deletes them and stores them on your Hard Drive.
N/A

Yes it is, OK well problem solved then! Thanks for clearing that up for me Smiley
N/A

hey you could also try Mozilla Thunderbird for a more secure faster mail client than outlook

buz