cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems Again?

N/A

Email problems Again?

Email problems again keep geting error when recieving or it takes ages to connect?? Anyone have the same problem?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Email problems Again?

Hi there,

There is a problem with POP3 server timeouts at present. PN are aware and are investigating.

Keep an eye on the relevant thread in Community Support for info.
chrisco
Grafter

Email problems Again?

Well at least I know I'm not losing it! I have been banging on about this & the painfully slow portal since 21 Feb which is the date I first raised a ticket (18762951).
I'm spitting feathers as support have been giving me the run around over this, everything from checks on my firewall umpteen times which I know has to be done but after putting the required IP addresses into the trusted zones of ZA I failed to see what else I could do apart from going over Niagra Falls in a barrel (You failed to get me to do this support maybe that would have solved the problem). I was also told when I asked support to confirm the IP address for mail.plus.net that "It didn't have an email address" :shock: So yes, princejim I also am having big problems (using Outlook 2003) you using the same?
It seems to me there's quite a bit of passing the buck going on around here I'm a very busy lady who has better things to do with her time than play silly b*****s and would rather be told the truth, so come on support & do just that, support!! Evil

Have a good weekend, Chris Cole
N/A

Email problems Again?

ep using outlook 2003, had these problems for a while, the first time I was told by support to change my emil clientHuh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Email problems Again?

I have given up on the ticket system as a first port of call when there are problems.
This is why I started the thread on this subject in Community Support.
The problem is that the help staff are trained to follow a set procedure which has the inherent assumption that the problem is not with PlusNet.
chrisco
Grafter

Email problems Again?

Fine, but that doesn't solve the problem. I have just had my ticket returned asking me if I had tried an alternative mail client such as Thunderbird! Why would I want to, I chose Outlook as a preference as it does what I want it to do plus a few enhancements, why can't they admit there is a problem, I am v angry at the moment & need to calm down before I answer the ticket or I might be extremely rude which I guess will get me nowhere. What +Net are basically saying is we support all mail clients as long as it's Thunderbird. All I ask is a stable connection fairly speedy browsing oh yes & an ability to retrieve my mail via Outlook which I can't at the moment.

Chris Cole
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Email problems Again?

Dulicate post from the other thread.
Using Outlook 2003 and doing many send/receive it now appears to be back to normal