cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problem - can you help

N/A

A colleague of mine has been trying to send me emails, he is with AOL. They never get to me, they are not returned to him as undelivered. I can send to him ok. I use Outlook for my email and I have checked that he is not on my Junk email list. I cannot work out what's going on - h e l p!!!!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you don't see them and the sender does not get a rejection message it will be difficult tol determin where the problem is because there are nop headers to look at.

What kinds of emails are being sent to you - do they contain HTML text or attachments. Some spam filters block based on keywords.

Are they being sent to a mailbox you have defined on PlusNets system or are they going to your default mailbox?

Try just sending a simple email with subject test and containing just the word test in the main body of the email and see if you receive it. Also try sending the email to other names on your plusnet account. These will just go to your default plusnet mailbox.

Also try using webmail (link top right) to see if that shows up any missing emails.
N/A

Thanx Peter

the specific emails he has tried to send me have got attachments (*.dwg files) and are using html text. They are being sent to a defined mailbox. I have tried getting him to send a simple email (just text) but that hasn't worked.

regs Chris
Community Veteran

All I can suggest is your friend contacts AOL support to find out why their emails are not getting through and not being returned if they can't be received by the terminating email address webservers. Something is clearly blocking them and just discarding them.

Note: it can sometimes take a day or so before a delivery failure message is returned. If you have not waited that long yet, see if they appears tomorrow or Monday.

It's also possible AOL are having mail delivery problems. Can your friend send an email to someone else OK?
N/A

OK I have found out where the emails have gone. They have gone into an area on Outlook for infected emails. I know that these emails are not infected nad want to ensure that my emails go to my inbox. How can I do this. Any help would be gratefully received.

regs Chris
N/A

elanse

If you go to TOOLS and OPTIONS and click on the SECURITY tab, you will be able to UNcheck the attachments box and yu will be able to receive your emails as normal.

I would suggest that as soon as you have got your emails you REcheck that security box to help protect your system

Regards
N/A

Hi professional,

I cannot find the check box you mention, I am using Outlook not Outlook express - are they different in this respect.?

regs Chris
N/A

Ahhh outlook can be a bit of a pain for that. IT automatically blocks certain file extensions that appear as attachments, although I cant see from the list that a .dwg file is blocked. :?

Outlook express gives you the option as I have already described.

A solution maybe to zip the attachment ? Or alternatively, do either of you have ftp access to any servers that you can use?
Community Veteran

Chris, Did you not say a simple test email was also lost (i.e. without an attachment). Are these also being put in this infected emails location. If so, it's got nothing to do with attachments.
N/A

Excellent point Mr Vaughan :lol: