cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email client

N/A

Email client

Can anybody please point me in the direction of a decent email client?

At the moment I am currently using Outlook Express and don't find it much use to be honest.

I think somebody I know has had a virus and as a result I am getting a load of mail delivery failure emails everyday. I want to be able to filter these out and delete them on block if that is at all possible.

Any help would be greatly appreceiated.

Cheers,

Ian.
8 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

Email client

Thunderbird is quite popular: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird
N/A

Email client

yup, Thunderbird is nice if you don't mind the bugs. You can normally work around them quite easily, so it's what I use until they decide to fix'em Smiley
Phil_Collins
Grafter

Email client

I use forte agent 2 no frills just plain text no annoying HTML in your mail box, attachments and http links can be sent or received excellent program I have been using it for about 10 years light years better than outhouse excess. agent 3 allows multiple pop servers but I only use PN pop so not an issue for me .
lingbob
Grafter

Email client

yup, Thunderbird is nice if you don't mind the bugs. You can normally work around them quite easily, so it's what I use until they decide to fix'em Smiley

What bugs are those, can't say I've noticed any ?
Community Veteran

Email client

You can set up message rules or filters in both Thunderbird and Outlook Express.

I have found that the following filters/rules, catch most of the bounce messages.

From Contains MAILER-DAEMON
From Contains postmaster

Chilly
Community Veteran

Email client

FWIW, I would also use thunderbird.

I'm moving this to everything internet which is more suited for this type of disscussion.
hektorshouse
Grafter

Email client

You could try The Bat! made by Ritlabs. It costs but it offers protection from certain types of worms etc. I use it, recommend to those who want to pay for it.

UK distributer is ITSF, purchase from www.itsfstore.co.uk. Not much on the site as site is developing and new. The company mainly deals with Corporate Security including mail, antivirus etc.

Register on the store before purchasing.
csogilvie
Grafter

Email client

Another vote for Thunderbird, but I also like Opera's mail client.