cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and Front Page Extensions

9411john
Dabbler

I have set up my web site using FrontPage. Site includes a feedback form. I have used standard FrontPage feedback template and set Form Properties so that when 'submit' button is hit form is emailed to me. Problem is it does not work.. I keep getting: Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page: "http://fp..... I have searched internet for solution and have tried everything suggested but to no avail. All works OK if I save form to a file but cannot for the life of me get it to be emailed when 'Submit' button is hit. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,
I've just posted a similar message at the same time! I have some PN sites that work and one that doesn't.
One thing to be wary of - FP extensions do not work in subfolders there is a Microsoft KB article on the subject.
N/A

9411john
Dabbler

I have read Microsoft Kb on this point and I do not have any sub folders. I suspect that the problem is with Plusnet and their implementation of FrontPage Extensions. However, I am getting no response from their technical people.
9411john
Dabbler

Email and FrontPage Extensions

Have just had a response from 'help' desk. My query has been passed to their 'escalations' team. Watch this space.
N/A

Hope you get better luck than me. I've been waiting for a response since the 25th and the ticket was opened a long time before that!
N/A

I'm beginning to see the light!

When I use the FP Tools/Server/Permissions dialogue on a non-working site and try to send an invitation I get "You cannot enable this feature because your server has not been configured to send e-mail messages. Contact your server administrator to specify an SMTP server to use for sending e-mail messages." If I do the same thing on a working site I get no problem. It looks like a Plusnet problem and I've ammended my ticket to update them.

If you are not familiar with the site administration tools in FP just hit help and search for "permissions".

Hope this helps.