cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email accounts

N/A

Email accounts

At the min i have my name@username.plus.com set up for emails. I have now transfered in one of my own domain names that i would like to use for pop email.

How do i set it up so that i can send and receve email from my domain eg
name@mydomain.co.uk and from name2@mydomain.co.uk.

This does not seem very clear is their any guides to follow.

Many thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email accounts

N/A

Email accounts

so will this enable me to use outlook to download mails from name1@mydomain.co.uk with one lots of settings then name2@mydomain.co.uk with another set of setting. Or will all mail be bundled together for the @mydomain.co.uk .
Community Veteran

Email accounts

You will need to create mailboxes for each name and then you ccan get outlook to look for each one independantly.

Edit

You would then collect each mail by using account as username+name1 and username+name2
N/A

Email accounts

Ok but when looking at the mailbox screen to add a new mailbox it has a list of all mailbox names ive created.
So i have say one called Fred that works with Fred@username.plus.com
But i also want one called Fred that works with Fred@mydomain.co.uk. So i can have to email accounts in outlook one for fred@username.plus.com and another for fred@mydomain.co.uk.

Ive created a mailbox called mydomain.co.uk bus as mentioned above can i create the one for fred@mydomain.co.uk.
Community Veteran

Email accounts

mail received for anything@mydomain.co.uk goes to a single mailbox mydomain@username.plus.com.

You cannot have separate mailboxes for fred@mydomain.co.uk and fred2@mydomain.co.uk, only separate mailboxes for fred@username.plus.com and fred2@username.plus.com.

You can send mail as fred@mydomain.co.uk and fred2@mydomain.co.uk by setting up 2 accounts in outlook express but any returned mail will go to mydomain@username.plus.com.

The link I gave in my first reply explained this.
N/A

Email accounts

Ok thanks everyone for your help in this matter. Not wquite what i whish i could do but its only for a week or so till i set up exchange and run everything with SMTP wich should enable me to do what i carnt do with pop.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris