cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Sizes ?

N/A

Email Sizes ?

I've had a search round the support section but can't find the following email details :shock: ;
How big is the default account, how big are subsequent mailboxes, what is the maximum size when receiving a POP3 email and also when sending one out using relay.plus.net
P.S I've just got my MAC number from BTYahoo today & signed up with PlusNet for an uncapped account -- the migration should take place next Thursday or even sooner ! :lol:
Thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email Sizes ?

I am unaware of any size limit on your mailboxes.
The normal limit for sending and receiving a mail is 100megabytes.
N/A

Thanks for the info

OK that's great, thanks for the info John.
N/A

Email Sizes ?

Be aware, though, that bog-standard "household name" ISPs do not have such a generous e-mail size limit, so although PlusNet allow you to send up to 100MB in one mail, there is a very good chance that it will get rejected as too large at the receiving end.
Personally, I find that with anything over about 10MB, unless I know for certain that the other person has a decent ISP, it's easier to just slap it on my website and e-mail them the link.
Community Veteran

Email Sizes ?

Be aware, though, that bog-standard "household name" ISPs do not have such a generous e-mail size limit.

Good point.
Also their total email space is often limited so that even a 1meg file can be rejected if the recipients mailbox is nearly full. Cry
N/A

Email Size

Thanks guys for the previous 2 answers, I don't send emails larger than 10 MB for the very reasons you suggest and also only to friends who have confirmed they can handle such sizes. I currently use my Yahoo Briefcase for sharing files upto 15 MB, but the 250 MB of webspace with my Plus account is going to be much more useful.
Community Veteran

Re: Email Size

but the 250 MB of webspace with my Plus account is going to be much more useful.

Yes I dont think a lot of people realize that its far more efficient to upload a large file to your webspace and just send an email with the url so that the other person can go and download it.