cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Hiccup

N/A

Email Hiccup

nice one mate, thanks for your patience!!
12 REPLIES
N/A

Email Hiccup

Anyone know what this error means?

And while we are on the subject, I never get any topic notification replies from the forum, never have done, even tho the box is ticked to do so in profile and when posting
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

I have had that error message in the past and a reboot of my PC has cleared it.
I think its when my mail client (outlook express) has got itself into a knot :?
N/A

Email Hiccup

had it the last few days mate, pc has been on and off since then, and still getting it, no problems with other accounts, gmail etc, all sending and receiving fine, oh well, will wait and see if it clears anyway, any idea on the notification thing?
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

Just noticed your second query in your post.
What mail address are you expecting your notifications to be sent to.?
It may be that the forum is set for an old address and it needs to be changed.
This change will have to be done by a Moderator.

Edit:- On checking it is set to send notifications to (gandalf@beeb.net)
N/A

Email Hiccup

ahhhhhhh Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops:

oops, nope, OLD email address that one lol, dont know where to change that to tho lol, any chance you can do it for me, so it goes to my plusnet address??, sorry to be a pain in the butt!
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

Check what is set in Outlook Express as your inbound mail server. It looks like it has changed, possibily as a result of some antivirus or similar software installed recently?

The server should be mail.plus.net
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

ahhhhhhh Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops:

oops, nope, OLD email address that one lol, dont know where to change that to tho lol, any chance you can do it for me, so it goes to my plusnet address??, sorry to be a pain in the butt!

Notification address changed for you to be your postmaster@yourusername.plus.com Cool
N/A

Email Hiccup

Thanks john, appreciated...

fa55dsl, yes, that was incorrect, it had some bleedin numbers in it for some reason or other, so changed it to plus.net one, now tho, it refuses my password lol, and I know its right.

I am SOOO sorry for begging for help like this !
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

The numbers could well be do to you running something like Norton Antivirus as it seems to use them to divert mail via its own system for checking.

Best thing I can suggest is that you delete the account settings in your mail client and then re create it.
This often works.
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

I am SOOO sorry for begging for help like this !

That's what the forums are for, its not just somewhere for you to churn out your old joke book Smiley

But seriously, no problem.
N/A

Email Hiccup

hey you, leave my old jokebook alone, just cos it was printed in 1982 BC lol...

thanks guys, think I am going to just delete the account like you say and start from scratch, dont suppose there is a tut somewhere for this...

::runs and hides before being hit::
Community Veteran

Email Hiccup

There is a guide in the support area on the portal on how to recreate your Outlook Express settings IIRC.