cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easynews - Which ISP to move to? Sick of plusnet

N/A

This is my first ever post to these forums.
After 2 years I have finally had enough of Plusnet who seem to be increasingly devious and abusive of their customers.

I want to use easynews.com at speeds greater than 12kb .... (is that too much to ask?)

So which ISP should I move to who will accomodate this ?

Plusnet please feel free to reply as well .....

Plusnet clearly have too many customers and not enough infrastructure, I guess it would be best if a few thousand of us went elsewhere. :x
23 REPLIES
N/A

F2S and Zen have been talked about, perhaps Clara Net is also a contender.
N/A

I can recommend f2s.

I use newshosting and easynews for usenet, and since leaving plusnet two weeks ago my speeds have been a fairly constant 230KB/s.

I don't know for sure how unlimited the f2s service is.

From reading the zen forums on adslguide they really mean unlimited.

I'd also look at eclipse. I was with them for two years and only came to plusnet when I wanted a 2MB line.
N/A

I'm off too..

Yep I got a crap deal from plusnet too, and i am going to e7 (seem ok according to my bro in law) as they are decent for uncapped 512k which is all my line can stand.

I can recommend freedom2surf on 2mb as they are truly uncapped - I had a good 18months with them at another location - and their forums are quiet on the complaints front. I'd go back there if my present line could stand a 2mb connection, their 512k is the same price so e7 wins on price for me.

Just don't go to aol. Smiley
plusnetsux
Grafter

i am after another isp aswell.
basically i want what plusnet offered when i joined. i.e a clean internet connection without packet inspection and nntp throttling and all the other nasty sh1t that goes with an isp that can't supply enough bandwidth to meet user demand.

i've heard lots of praise about f2s but personaly never heard of them before. zen or demon i was thinking. i dont mind paying slightly more than i am now (21.99 for 2meg premier). i was paying 21.99 for 512k premier back when 512 was 512 regardless of the time of day it happens to be.
N/A

Same problems with Easynews.

Moving to Zen, put in my request for MAC last night. (just waiting for it to go through).

Can't wait to have real speeds back again.

Good luck with whatever you try.

Martin
N/A

Similar story here. Paying extra to easynews and having it throttled by Plusnet was not something I foresaw.

I'm Moving to Eclipse. The ISP I was originally going to start with until I heard such good things about PN... One month contract is a good beginning and they have a good rep.
Metalguru
Grafter

Lots of good deals out there at the mo.

And don't ignore cable if your in a cable area.
Blueyonder seems always to get good ratings, though who knows how things will work out now they have joined up with NTL.

Bottom line is, don't get locked into anything long term.
The ability to move easily on to another service, is probably the most important thing.
N/A

plus.net are the company who bind you to a contract under false pretences, i have advised many of my freinds to go elsewhere

i would suggest you look at this isp www.bethere.co.uk
N/A

I think I have finally had enough. I had a 50% reduction in P2P yesterday and again the line was dropped, I only have a 1meg line anyway.

The problem with www.bethere.co.uk is they don't have a very large catchment area yet.

I've been looking at Eclipce, EFH and F2S. Just waiting for a few replies to emails I have sent, then it will be MAC time.
N/A

Since this is the PlusNet forum, you're probably not going to get a very accurate picture of other ISPs. I'd suggest trying the ADSLGuide.org.uk site, specifically the individual ISP's forums and the "compare" tool.
N/A

:x
N/A

Same here, I have a paid subscription with Claranews which I can barely now use, so I've asked for my MAC and I'll be off to Zen I think.

It's a shame :?
N/A

I wouldnt worry. I think they're glad to see the back of us. Looks like they've oversold new connections and any bandwidth they can claw back without having to buy anymore is manna from heaven.
N/A

Since this is the PlusNet forum, you're probably not going to get a very accurate picture of other ISPs. I'd suggest trying the ADSLGuide.org.uk site, specifically the individual ISP's forums and the "compare" tool.

It could be argued that you won't get an accurate idea of any ISP by visiting any forum since the people most likely to post are the ones with problems.