cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Mails will not deliver to Outlook which is the default

N/A

Can anyone help me.

For 2 years + I've been using Outlook 2002 as my default e mail handler, with Outlook Express configured just as a back up.

This has been fine until a couple of days ago when all e mails started being delivered straight to the Outlook Express InBox. Nothing is arriving in Outlook, which I keep open when ever the PC is switched on.

I rarely open up Outlook, although I'm having to do so now as it's the only way to get my e mails.

I've checked and double checked that Outlook is the default e mail handler and it is. Outlook Express even gives the warning box that it isn't the default when I open up the program.

How can I get this back to how it was :?

I've changed no settings at all and have even restored back to an earlier time to see if that resolved it. It didn't Cry

I have the same set up on my laptop which has a wireless network connection via my belkin wireless router to the desktop PC and exactly the same thing happens if I use that.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

I'm a little confused, since in order for outlook express to even pick up the e-mail it would have to be running.

Are you running both applications?
N/A

Not at the same time. I only found out that e mails were going to OE because I opened it up to load a stationery design & approx 25 e mails arrived in the mail box. Some I was waiting, some not.

I normal keep it closed, but at present all e mails are going to OE so I'm having to open it to get them.

What ever I try, Outlook cannot now receive any e mails.
N/A

Your e-mail will download to which ever client is actually running and correctly setup. The fact they are not being downloaded in to outlook, suggests to may have a configuration issue with Outlook or something wrong with it's setup.
N/A

The weird thing is, I haven't changed the set up of Outlook since I installed it 2 years ago. I've checked again though, even following the help files on the Plusnet site, and it is definately correct.

Outlook on my laptop is set up exactly the same way. This problem is happening on both machines.

I've removed the account from OE, disabled my anti virus mail scanner and nothing will make Outlook receive the mail.

This has only happened in the past 2 days and I am totally baffled :shock: I though maybe Outlook had been corrupted, but it's the same on 2 machines, and I find it very hard to believe that both Outlook installations could go wrong at exactly the same time. The machines are connected via a wireless connection to access the internet & E mail. This has never caused a problem before.

I don't know what else to try now Cry
N/A

So actually happens when outlook tries to collect the mail? do you get an error message?

Have you installed a new firewall? this maybe blocking it
N/A

No error messages. It just says there are no new messages. (they're all waiting for me when I go to OE!!!!)

I use Zone Alarm Pro firewall, but have used that for ages and haven't adjusted any settings. My ADSL wireless modem is firewalled, but again, used it for a while and have changed nothing.

I hate mysteries like this Cry