cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Mail

N/A

E Mail

Cry my outlook is still not working can send but not receive my username begins with a letter which you said in your last announcement should be working ?
7 REPLIES
worcsdave
Grafter

E Mail

in the same boat, m8. Have spoken to customer support (long wait!) and been through all the settings on outlook express...
don't know what else to try!

hope your situation is resolved soon
N/A

E Mail

The mail server is still kind of mucked up I think, so it may not be you.

Also give up on outlook express and use thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Buz
N/A

E Mail

The latest posting about e-mail states that user names that start with certain letters are still affected.
N/A

Re: E Mail

Cry my outlook is still not working can send but not receive my username begins with a letter which you said in your last announcement should be working ?

it is now , 3.03 and while I seem to be able to send I still cannot receive emails sent to me , is there still a backlog?
Community Veteran

E Mail

This should now be fixed. usernames starting with w, x, y & z had additional problems causing mail to be bounced.
worcsdave
Grafter

E Mail

Finally got to the bottom of it; somehow (I didn't touch it - honest!) the server port number (Advanced tab under tools/account in OE) had got changed to 999 and it should have been 110.

All working OK now, but I'd be interested to know how that number could have been changed without my doing anything to it?
Community Veteran

E Mail

OE can sometimes corrupt it's settings when it fails to connect. That is the most likely cause.