cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek Router and VOIP

N/A

Draytek Router and VOIP

Hello,

Has anyone configured the PlusNet VOIP with a Draytek ADSL Router? I have tried but been unable to make it work.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Draytek Router and VOIP

Moved to the VOIP Forum - you're more likely to get an answer in there!
xon
Grafter

Draytek Router and VOIP

I have no experience with the set up of VOIP but you might find it helpful to check here and post your question(s) in the Draytek Users Forum, which I have previously found to be an excellent resource. There is a VOIP section. Good luck.
N/A

Thank you

Thank you, I am really looking for specific help in regards to DrayTek and PlusNet systems. I have configured Draytek to draytek VOIP systems, but I would like to use the SIP provided by Plus net and the plus net VOIP system. Draytek provide 0870 numbers while PlusNet 0845 numbers.

As far as I can tell I should be able to configure my Dratek to use the PlusNet SIP services and thus not need any extra software or phone.

Does anyone use VOIP with PlusNet?
Simon_M
Grafter

Draytek Router and VOIP

AFAIK Draytek & Plusnet both use the standard SIP protocol, so it should be just a case of swapping username, password & server names over.

I assume from what you say that the Draytek lets you plug an analogue phone straight into it & the settings are entered into a page on the router itself.

If you haven't done it already, get Plusnet to issue your 0845 number. It's usually much easier to test the system by ringing that number than finding another working SIP phone to call from.

Don't forget that if you have just changed your Plusnet password because of the recent advice, to change it in the phone too. Guess who forgot & wondered why the phone wouldn't log in. Shockedops:

Currently I can login to my Plusnet VoIP account & make calls to other VoIP phones. However, even when I'm logged in, calls to my 0845 number go straight to voicemail & calls direct to my VoIP address fail. I've yet to investigate where this problem lies, although calls to my other VoIP accounts are arriving.
Simon_M
Grafter

Draytek Router and VOIP

Currently I can login to my Plusnet VoIP account & make calls to other VoIP phones. However, even when I'm logged in, calls to my 0845 number go straight to voicemail & calls direct to my VoIP address fail. I've yet to investigate where this problem lies, although calls to my other VoIP accounts are arriving.

All working again now, so whatever was wrong, they've fixed it.
vsmith1

Draytek Router and VOIP

I have just set up my plus.net VoIP using the SJphone softphone app. I did not use Xlite as I have tried this in the past with my draytel.org VoIP and my draytek router (2600VG) did not like it.

The settings I have for Plus.net in SJphone are:
In the SIP Proxy tab:

Proxy domain: sip.plus.net Port: 5060
User domain: sip.plus.net
Register with Proxy: Ticked
Use Separate registrar: Ticked with sip.plus.net Port 5060
Unregister contact address only Tciked with
Proxy for NAT: sip.plus.net Port 5065

Then on the STUN tab
Use discovered address in SIP: Ticked
Server address: stun.softjoys.com Port: 3478

When I login then I put my plus.net ID (ie the 6 digit number) and my password.

I have a draytek router with 2x FXS ports and have port set up for draytel with a standard phone handset plugged in, then the SJphone as a softphone set up for plus.net.

That means that I can use either - depends on whether I want a softphone or a handset and which account has minutes remaining,

I hope that this helps.
Vince