cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download CAP !!!

N/A

Download CAP !!!

Hi everyone, I have noticed that i have went over my 5 gig download limit (downloaded 12 gigs roughly). I want to increase the Limit !! Can this be done or do I have to upgrade to Premier ? If so can some1 let me know the limits of these packages available.

Thanks Alan
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Download CAP !!!

You did not state what package you are on.

I will assume broadband PAYG. With this, you can elect to pre-pay for an amount of bandwidth or post-pay when you actually use it - with pre-paying being cheaper. You can do this via the portal - click connection settings -> view my usage then click on the change package button, then select 'change your data transfer' and select what your new inclusive allowance needs to be.

If you intend to go over your current pre-paid allowance regularly then you should increase your pre-paid amount. If you only go over it occationally, it may be cheaper to stay on your current pre-paid amount and just pay the extra when you use it.

Finally, if you are regularly paying more than £21.99/month for your connection, it will be cheaper to upgrade to premier - this upgrade will cost you a one-off fee of £14.99.
N/A

Download CAP !!!

IM on upto 2 meg Plus sorry. And what is the Cap on Premier ? as i am thinking of going for that as i need better speeds !!

Thanks again Alan
prichardson
Grafter

Download CAP !!!

If you are on Broadband Plus, then there is no 5GB download limit.

Only the Broadband PAYG packages have any limits in the 5GB range, and only if you select this.

Can you explain your problem a little better, to see if we can advise on a solution?

King Regards,
Community Veteran

Download CAP !!!

If you were looking at your View my Usage page then the graph automatically adjusts when you use more bandwidth. It does not indicate a limit on your account, just the best graph scale for your usage at that point. to fit within the page size.

BB+ does not have any usage limits, only PAYG as I detailed.
N/A

Download CAP !!!

Ahhh I see, no limit. Seems strange that I am not getting any decent speeds using Limewire and downloading torrent files. I am lucky if I get 1Kbs from both. This has nothing to do with the peers, users, seeds and so on. When I do a speed test on the site or adslguide it seems to be fine (1800kbs roughly). I know that you recommend using Premier if downloading and gaming but i cant see hows this is so bad ?

Cheers Alan
N/A

Download CAP !!!

Ahhh I see, no limit. Seems strange that I am not getting any decent speeds using Limewire and downloading torrent files. I am lucky if I get 1Kbs from both. This has nothing to do with the peers, users, seeds and so on.

BB+ is SEVERELY shaped for p2p

The only way to change this is to upgrade to premier or PAYG, if you use less than around 8Gb a month

Then you will see you speeds improve

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Fixed quote tags for you]
N/A

Download CAP !!!

thanks mate
N/A

Download CAP !!!

the other option is to migrage from PN if you are a heavy P2P users (which is what they want you to do any how) take a look at freedom to surf (f2s) or BE (if your local exchange has been "unbundled")