Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dot Com Advice

jabb0
Grafter

Dot Com Advice

Hey folks,

Right i am moving my sites from one webhost to another.

I have done the whole .co.uk thing before, an it is a pain wot with those tags n all, but i am pretty clued up on ho to get through that one....

Now i have another .com, i wish to move aswell... Things is i dont have the foggiest idea as to where to start.

Can anyone help?

like do i need to ask my current host for it to be moved to my new host like a .co.uk has to be done this way
OR
Do i go straight to my registrar and make the changes there?
if it is the latter, how do i find my registrar? Shockedops:
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dot Com Advice

I think you need to find a new domain registration company, I use www.123-reg.co.uk and to change setting they have a every simple web interface.

Try a whois @ http://www.samspade.org/ that should tell you the register for your domain.

Chilly
jabb0
Grafter

Dot Com Advice

heya,

I have been doin web stuff for a while now and thought i had this sussed, but i have only moved a .co.uk once. And i have just realised i have had a few misconecptions about all this.

I thought that it would be a good idea to have my domains handled by the same comapny that hosts my webspace - now i am not so sure... from what i gather form looking at those links its probably better to use seperate comapnies.

Another thing i thought was wierd. When i last moved my .co.uk was up for renewal - when i moved my new host did his for around £20. Yet i got a letter through from Nominet invoicing me for £80+VAT. Now it was pretty clear in saying that i could ignore the invoice if i had already got in renewed. But the price difference kinda confuzzled me. any one know why there was susch a big difference?

samspade has trimed his site down for while till he deals with some issues - leaving it very cryptic page indeed... some txtboxes, some buttons but no instuctions. what do i put in what box? (ill go an give em all bash now) ->->-> (i just got me info, cheers, cool)

my current host is UKHOST4U - everything, domains + webspace is with them... if it was you and you wanted to move host, what would you do with your domains? (1=.co.uk, 1=.com)

cheers